Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thursday

Thursdays is the day of the week that I usually do my volunteer work. And that's what I did this Thursday. After that I went to Connie Lux's house. She has been telling me for a year or more that she has some alterations she wants me to do. I stopped by her house and we got to talking. After I'd been there about an hour, she asked me if I wanted a cup of coffee. I said "No" that I was going to go have lunch, would she want to go. So, we went to where her son David works (it use to be called Luxie's, now the name is changed and I can't remember what it is. sorry.) and we had lunch. We talked about the days gone by, the people we knew, how we've all changed, and just all neat stuff. I finally got home to let Snooks out about 2:30. She was ready, too. It made my day.

Yesterday was just as busy. Betty came just after 10 a.m. for a fitting. Then I was to meet an insurance lady for lunch. I finally did some house cleaning. It really needed it, too. Right after supper, I went to the pennance service at St. B. There were lots, and lots of people in church. And Fr. Tim used mostly Spanish. That's not right. I don't mind him using a little, but for most of it to be in Spanish, well, I, for one, don't believe in it. Sorry. I need to talk to him about that.

Today it is snowing. I just may get to use my new snowthrower. What a thrill, huh? It wasn't as cold walking Snooks today. Yesterday it was 8 degrees when we walked. This afternoon I plan to go to mass. Then will get something to eat and come home. A really thrilling life I lead, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Aunt AnnMay! I was wondering if you would help me with a Christmas present. I'm knitting a hat for someone who always loses hats. I'd like to line it with fleece and thought maybe you could help me embroider "If found, please return to..." on the fleece with your fancy sewing machine. Would you have time for that? We can talk about it at knitting tonight! Hope to see you there!