Monday, October 13, 2008

My Garbage men are the greatest!!!

I never in a million years thought that I'd be telling anyone that my garbage men would be interested in my welfare. In my last post I told you of my trip. The day after I got home, Doug calls. "Hi, Mom, how was your trip?" I answered, "fine." Then he tells me how at the end of the day on Thursday, (Thursday is the day they pick up my garbage) when my garbage can wasn't out, that the two guys come up to him and ask if I was okay. Wow! It's nice to know that if something was wrong, that there is someone out there that would let someone else know. I need to email our Mayor and tell him. I bet he doesn't get too many nice emails.

1 comment:

Annie Hatke Schap said...

That is so sweet!! You really should email the Mayor. I bet he doesn't get many nice emails either... I doubt anyone with any sort of power does. Unless they're movie stars, of course.