Friday, October 10, 2008

My Trip(s)!!!!

On Tuesday I was to leave for about ten days. So Snookums would be clean going to stay with the sitters, I took her to get a bath. Usually the groomers also clean their ears and clip their nails. Well, she clipped her nails and clipped two of them too short. About fifteen minutes after I got home, my bedroom rug was full of bloody paw prints. It was also in that bathroom, the foyer, on the living room rug and in the kitchen. I called the Vet. They said to use either baking soda or corn starch to stop it. I dumped my hand full of soda and put her paw in it. About a minute later the soda was red.

After a trip to the vet (since what I was doing wasn't working) it was still bleeding. That is when I discovered there were two nails bleeding. It just wouldn't stop. About 8 p.m. I made a trip to PetSmart to get something to stop it. By this time is still had all that blood to clean up. I got the kitchen, foyer and bathroom cleaned rather quickly. Those floors are not carpet, so they cleaned easily. Then I cleaned the living room carpet. By this time it was late and I had already notified the dog sitter, Lu Ann and my friend Lori that I was postponing leaving one whole day.

I showered and went to bed. The next morning I got my rug shampooer out and it took three hoppers of cold water to get the blood out of that bedroom rug. Then I filled the hopper with hot water and shampoo soap and shampooed that rug. I needed a nap when I was finished. I was tired.

So on Wednesday (instead of Tuesday) I left for Lu Ann's. Got there about noon. Carmen and kids arrived about 3 p.m. That was so much fun. Cole is a doll and he is really smart. Catches on very quickly. Talks quite well. Carmen said that if he is trying to tell her something and she can't figure out what he is trying to tell her, he will come up with a different word so she will understand. A good job for a 2 yr. old. Gioia is the cutiest. Looks a lot like her brother.

Lu Ann took Thursday and Friday off. We went shopping and other things. Just hung out together and it was a really nice time. Went out to eat that evening. Dan had promised Cole a train ride on Friday. Cuyahoga County has a train ride from Cleveland to Akron. Round trip takes three hours. It was really nice and a relaxing time. Cole and Gioia were the center of attraction. The train people just couldn't get over those two.

Friday evening I went over to Lori's house and stayed the night there. We left the next morning for Lafayette. Stopped at Shipshewana to shop. She loved it there. Got back to Lafayette about 7:30. Got up on Sunday and went to St. Boniface mass at 10 a.m. Then to the school to commerate the schools 150 yrs of Catholic education. There was a free picinic lunch later. There were only 3 people from my class there. Me, Connie Krabbe Lux and Ron Burgess.

Then I drove Lori around the area to show her like the Subaru plant, Battle Ground and the like. On Monday Lori and I headed to Nashville, IN. Shopped till the stores closed. Stayed in a hotel that evening. The next morning we went to Fishers or Carmel and hit a couple fabric stores. Then came back to Lafayette in time to get the oil changed in my car. It was about 800 miles overdue. On Wednesday we headed back to Cleveland to take Lori home. I came back to Lafayette yesterday. Brought Snookums home. She was very glad to see me. Right now she is sleeping in her own bed.

It was a really nice trip. I had lots of fun. Lori had never been to Indiana. So, she enjoyed the whole thing. She seldom get to go anywhere. I'm really glad we did it. I think it recharged her batteries.

About 3:30 a.m., I had just been up to use the bathroom and gone back to bed. I heard the funniest noise outside. It sounded like water, but not rain. I got up and they were flushing the water mains. Yuk!!!!!!!!! Now the water will be all rusty this morning. Not fun.

The alarm just went off. It's time for me to get up. Have to do my volunteer job this morning and have a luncheon date at noon with some of the girls in my High School class.

I put about 1800 miles on my car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had quite a time! Glad you had so much fun. We didn't make it to the St. Boniface doings, but it sounded like it was a huge success.
I will be getting in touch with you soon about making some curtains for the cottage!