Sunday, March 9, 2008

Life in the BIG city!!

The weather people say it's going to warm up some the middle of this week. Yeahhh!!! I'm tired of the inside of this house. However, I did a lot of crocheting. Didn't finish that afghan, tho. The lady in Crawfordsville emailed me yesterday and said she finished hers, but finished it her way. She had a terrible time with the instructions, as did I. So, it's not just me. I tried another pattern in that book, and it was the same story. I think I'll find different book.

I've now made several washcloths. And, thanks to Roseanne, I learned to google and find patterns for doing them. Both knit and crocheted ones. One lady offered to buy some of them. The great thing about the dishcloths is that they don't take long to make and one doesn't get tired of the item before it's finished. I also found a pattern for a purse. Just finished that last evening. It took a lot longer. I should have chosen a different color, but it is really nice. Great for when I wear jeans.

Roseanna must google everything. Now, I knew how to do that. But, after she told me I could find patterns for those washcloths I remembered I had another problem that could possibly be solved by googling. One day I decided to render my own lard. Bought 5#'s of pork fat from Beutlers and did it myself. As I'm cooking it, I realize I don't know how long to cook it. Then later I remembered to google. So, I looked up how to render lard. Several versions, but I now know a better way. I love the cracklins that are the by-product of rendering lard. By the time I use all this lard, I will be ready for more cracklins. This is one of the things that takes me back to my roots. I wonder if that is good or bad.

I'm anxious for this next week. It is to be warmer which means I can get out and do some of the yard work I didn't get finished last fall. Then there is the work that needs to be done in the spring. So, have lots to do. The yard needs rolled and I need to clean up all the acorns that the squirrels didnt' get before it can be rolled. Need to move about four plants and erect a trellis.

I tie Snookums to a tree when I'm out working. She doesn't liked to be tied up, but if I didn't she'd run off. And a city ordinance says they have to be on a leash. However, she does like being outside. She gets to bark at the cats, squirrels, school buses, UPS trucks, other dogs, the mail man, and anything else she decides she needs to announce their presents.

Life is fun in the big city!!!!!!!

No comments: